Derived from the actual demands and needs of the medical team in Bac Giang during COVID-19 outbreak and the prolonged nation-wide hot weather, the project team of Nam Viet Design, PAM Air and Signify (formerly known as Philips Lighting) has researched, installed and donated an intelligent COVID-19 testing booth which is capable of resisting heat and reducing cross infection risk to Tan Yen Medical Center on June 5th 2021. At the same time, the project team has learnt from foreign models, received valuable feedback, professional contributions and recommendations from doctors and experts.
The mission of the project team is to contribute Vietnamese wisdom and empathy to serve the community and support the frontline medical team to fight the epidemic more effectively. After successfully testing the intelligent COVID-19 testing booth at Tan Yen Medical Center in Bac Giang, the project team has announced and shared the design and technical instructions on the official website of Nam Viet Design, PAM Air and Signify to continue to support other medical teams in Vietnam.
“”With this post, we are happy to announce all the results, technical description and guideline for everyone, every organization and every project team who has enough expertise and resources to apply, improve, customize and expand this model for the community benefit, especially in supporting our doctors and nurses in the pandemic hotspots.”, said Ms. Phan Thanh Hai, Managing Director of PAM Air Solutions.
After more than 78 hours of ideation, design adjustment, construction and 12 hours of continuous test operation, the project team has donated 01 heat-resistant & cross infection risk reduction COVID-19 testing booth and 01 Philips UV-C sterilization trolley to Tan Yen Medical Center in Bac Giang province at 21:00 on June 5th 2021.
(Image: PAM Air)
Unique value proportion:
- Real function: The booth has a cooling system which helps to get fresh air and filter the air from the outside
- Intelligence function: The booth is equipped with an IoT system (Internet of Things), controlling and monitoring temperature, humidity, C02, and fine dust via PAM Home and PAM Air applications, helping to minimize surface contact and operation time.
- Sterilization function from Philips UVC lighting system allows medical team to sterilize surfaces without producing ozone during or after use, which is completely environment-friendly.
Along with the donation and instruction activities, the project team also accompanied medical team of Tan Yen Medical Center to execute trial testings in order to evaluate pros and cons of actual operation.
(Image: PAM Air)
After the handover and trial operation, the results obtained from the doctors at Tan Yen Medical Center show that the product operates stably, serves well for the testing process, and ensures the basic objectives of the product. This version helps medical staff to work in a cool, safe, and convenient environment to take samples for a long time in hot and humid weather.
Currently, Nam Viet Design is working on product improvement activities according to feedback to provide more practical solutions.
At the same time, based on professional contributions and recommendations from doctors and experts about the convenience and safety of the product, the project’s expert team also has some recommendations:
- The intelligent COVID-19 testing booth is designed and operated with the goal of serving and ensuring that the medical team in Bac Giang work in a cool and safe environment.
- Depending on the characteristics and needs of the sampling staff, the design will need further improvement to adapt to each environment and requirements of the COVID-19 Prevention and Control Force of the Ministry of Health.
- It is recommended that the testing booth have a bactericidal system, equivalent to the UVC system being used in this project. Although direct exposure to UV-C rays is dangerous, UV-C lamps pose very little risk when used correctly. Lamps should always be installed with adequate shielding and protective methods (such as presence sensors or timers) to avoid minor as well as serious injuries to eyes and skin. Without those protections, our UV-C sterilization luminaires may only be used as part of a sterilization system with the safety regulations stated above or mentioned in the installation and user manual.
- The Philips UV-C light source is proven to be capable of neutralizing 99% of the SARS-CoV-2 virus on surfaces within 6 seconds of irradiation, based on an experiment validated by the National Laboratory of New Infectious Diseases ( NEIDL) at Boston University, USA.
- Along with the announcement and technical contribution of this solution to the community, PAM Air and Signify are committed to continuing to accompany the Covid-19 Prevention and Control Force and other units as a consultant and supporter based on expertise, practical experience, smart solutions and corresponding UVC disinfection lamps.
A project for the community and by the community
We would like to express our sincere thanks to the professional contributions of the following doctors:
- Assoc Prof. PhD. Pham Thi Dung, Thai Binh University of Medicine and Pharmacy – who is currently doing medical work in Bac Giang
- Mai Van Que, Director of Thang Long Medical Equipment Company
- Khieu Huu Thanh, Thai Binh University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Do Thai Son, Otorhinolaryngology Specialist, Phuong Dong General Hospital
Last but not least, we would like to thank all partners and the community for your valued contributions and supports during our project.
“With the aim of unlocking the extraordinary potential of technology for a brighter life and a better world, Nam Viet Design – PAM Air – Signify project team hopes to help improve working conditions and ensure the safety of medical staff on the front lines of epidemic prevention, contributing to the new normal”, said Mr. Phuong Hoai Duong, General Manager of Signify Vietnam./
Download the Technical Report via the link below: